A weekend at DGTL Festival Barcelona
Judging Process and criteria
Over the course of the entire hackathon the technical coaches have made a technical assessment of your project. These technical coaches will have several representatives in the grand jury to make sure that the winning hack has the technical finesse we’re looking for in a hackathon.
Creativity & Business viability
The judging will be done in two rounds.
1) During the first round the judges will walk around and see every team at their working spot. Each team will have the opportunity to present their concept and answer questions.
2) From all teams, five will pitch their concept on stage. These finalists will compete for the main prize.
The judges will base their scores on creativitiy and viability with their expertise of the market and the context of the challenges in mind.
When you are not part of the 5 finalists, there is still an opportunity to win a prize from one of the partners. So stay put!
- You'll hook your own laptop on to the beamer (either VGA or HDMI)
- If you want to use audio in your pitch, let us know on time!
- You get 5 minutes stage time. It's up to you if you use the full length for your pitch or demo, or rather keep the pitch short and open up 2 or 3 minutes for the judges to aks questions and get a better understanding of your hack.
- It's up to you if you want to show a demo, a presentation or something crazy. Remember that live demos are really cool but come with a risk (free tip: record a screen-cap of your demo as a back-up)
- 15:00 First round judging
- 17:15 Stop hacking
- 18:00 Start finale
- 18:45 Prize ceremony
All participating partners can choose a team to their liking based on API usage, creativity and implementation possibilities for that specific partner.